Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Irritations Boarders Bring...

Ok, so I would venture to say that I have my horse at one of the coolest barns on the planet. Even in the dead middle of winter, there's still green grass in our pastures, so that's pretty cool. We have two rigns -- one dressage, one jumping -- a full cross country course, and our barn, while small, has perfect airflow to be warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Everything's great, right? Insert Boaders and Moms, then you have a problem.

One of my students is leasing a horse who is also leased by another girl. Turns out that mom of child A and mom of child B used to be great friends. Now, I have had pseudo altercations with mom of child B, so I know what she's all about..... But child A is at the barn every single night with me and her mom. Child B only shows up on the weekends. And, it's not for a lack of time for child B either. Let's just say her mom isn't the "busy" type. Child B's mom decides that because they are using the leased horse for a birthday on Sunday that she has the right to call the mom of child A and inform her that she will not be permitted to see the horse. I hate this crap. Try teaching your freaking kid to share! Child A has offered for child B to come on the weekdays and help her with the horse at night. Child B has no interest. Actually, child B is only riding because her mother is making her ride. Wonders never cease.

Now, onto the random drama that boarders have. I had a friend call me yesterday and tell me that she is all pissed off because 1. the farrier didn't wait for her to show up before shoeing her horse and 2. they put her horse in the ring without food and water. NOW, #2, I totally understand, I would be freaking livid also! BUT, he was only in there for 15 minutes before she got there, so it really shouldn't have been that dramatic. BUT, #1 is what kills me. Our farrier is one of the best in the area, and the man is BUSY. He cannot wait all day long so that you can watch your baby get his shoes. As a mom who hasn't seen her horse shod in about 6 months, I can tell you that our farrier is VERY good about leaving detailed notes about what's going on with your horse's feet and you can call him whenever you want to discuss. Trust me because my farrier and I have a wonderful phone relationship! He's very friendly! The man has been doing this a long time. Not only that, he has been doing our farms shoes for over thirty years. If you can't trust him to shoe your horse, you need to find yourself another farrier.

And that was just over the past two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment